Safe, Personalized Care for our Memory Care Residents
Memory Care at Ingersoll Place is a secure, self-contained wing that allows for safe wandering, social and recreational opportunities and close observation by staff. There are 13 studios and two companion suites housing a maximum of 17 residents.
All Memory Care apartments feature spacious, private bathrooms with walk-in showers and safety rails, emergency pull-cords and personal heating and cooling systems. Apartments are available furnished with a twin bed, dresser, armchair, bedside table and lamp at no additional charge or unfurnished, based on individual needs.
The Memory Care staff undergo ongoing training and support in the management of challenging and sometimes unpredictable behaviors such as agitation and expressions of anxiety. The use of music, games, group activities and daily exercise sessions are incorporated into residents’ daily routines based on their particular areas of interest and abilities. The majority of our Memory Care residents enjoy participation in the full range of Ingersoll’s recreational and social activities.
To ensure consistent, high quality resident care, Ingersoll's all-inclusive monthly rates include the following services:
- Onsite Case Management and coordination of personal healthcare needs including medication management
- Individual Care Plans tailored to meet each resident’s needs
- Assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, dressing and toileting
- 24-hours-a-day resident care provided by professional and support personnel
- Three, chef-prepared meals daily
- Daily housekeeping services including bed-making and trash removal
- Personal medical alert device in addition to an emergency call system within each apartment and throughout the facility
- Scheduled transportation to medical and dental providers in Schenectady, Albany and other local communities
- Recreation, socialization and entertainment programs both on-site and in the greater Capital Region
Additional monthly fees for Enhanced Care services may be applicable based on individual needs for transfer and ambulation assistance, catheter care, management of chronic incontinence, dressing changes/wound care and assistance with managing oxygen equipment.