Government Assistance for Vets
Aid and Attendance is a benefit paid by the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to veterans or their surviving spouses. It is paid in addition to a veteran’s basic pension.
- Aid and Attendance is for eligible veterans and surviving spouses who:
- Require regular assistance with eating, dressing, bathing and other activities of daily living
- Require financial help for in-home care or to pay for an assisted living facility or a nursing home.
- Aid and Attendance benefits are paid to those applicants who:
- Are eligible for a VA pension
- Meet service requirements including service during specific wartime periods
- Meet certain disability requirements
- Meet income and asset limitations
For information about the Aid and Attendance veterans’ benefits, contact: